I would love to have a list of people I can email when I have a pattern ready for testing. If you would like to be on that list please read the requirements below. if you can follow through then use the form at the bottom to sign up.
What You Need To Do As A Tester
- Be able to complete the square and send in notes/photos by the date specified.
- Be able to take photos of your square and any other photos you think will be needed for the pattern.
- Use an email you check regularly. I will be using this email to talk with you about your notes, photos, etc. Also if you need clarification during testing I will be corresponding to you vie email.
- You cannot post photos, etc of the finished square until it is posted on Ravelry.
Possible Stitches & Techniques You Will Need to Know
- The basic stitches: slip stitch (sl st), ch (chain/s), sc (single crochet), hdc (half double crochet), dc (double crochet), tr (triple crochet)
- puff (puff stitch)
- pop or pc (popcorn)
- fpsc (front post single crochet), fphdc (front post half double crochet), fpdc (front post double crochet), fptr (front post triple crochet)
- Color work/Tapestry crochet
- surface crochet (sl st around each st)
- BLO (working in the back loop of each st indicated)
- RS (right side) & WS (wrong side)
Materials You Will Need
- Crochet hooks in G, H, & I sizes.
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- Pen & paper if you write notes down physically
- A camera of some sort for you to send pictures of completed square and any others you think are needed.
- measuring tape
What sort of patterns will you be designing?
There are many things I come up with but hardly any I ever want to publish into a pattern. These are just some of the things that I could need testers for.
- knit wearables
- crochet afghan blocks
- crochet and knit kitchen items (potholders, etc)
- crochet wearables
- crochet blankets
How To Sign Up To Be A Tester
There are 2 ways to sign up to be a tester.
- Contact me on Ravelry. My user name is jessika. As the subject on the message put PATTERN TESTER. Please include your name you would like to to use for you, your email address, & how long you would like to be contacted to see if you would like to test a pattern.
- Use the contact form below. Replying to the post works but for some reason it doesn’t always let the commenter know it worked.
Sign Up For Pattern Testing
Reminder: NO ONE will have access to your email but me. I will be using email for contact, etc for pattern testing.