Skill Level: Easy
Guage: 8 rows (4 ridges) is 1 inch in worsted weight yarn
- 5-7 ounces of worsted weight yarn
- Knitting needles Size 9 (5.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
- k – knit
- ssk – slip, slip, knit
- m1l – make 1 left
- wyif – with yarn in front
- sl st – slip next stitch purl wise
To start: CO 30 with long tail cast on.
Row 1: (WS) knit 29 sts, wyif sl st
Row 2: (RS) k1, ssk, k26, m1l, wyif sl st
Repeat rows 1 & 2 until you have made your scarf the length that you want. Bind off after row 2.
- You can use any weight yarn. Use the needles the yarn calls for.
- You can make this scarf any size with any number of stitches you cast on. The least amount of stitches you need to cast on is 4 stitches.
- If you want the scarf wider or thinner you would add to the count between the ssk and m1l in round 2. So if you wanted it wider you would add more stitches when casting on. If you wanted it thinner you would cast on fewer stitches.
- If you do not want the selvage sides then knit the last st instead of wyif & sl st.