Skill Level: Easy
Gauge: After row 2 piece is approx. 1” tall.
- small amount of worsted weight yarn
- H (5mm) Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Snack Bag – Any Brand
- ch – chain(s)
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
NOTE: All ch2 is considered a hdc throughout pattern.
Making the Square
Round 1: chain 21, hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 18 sts, ch2 turn. 20hdc
Round 2: hdc in next 19 sts, ch2, turn 20hdc
Round 3 & on: Repeat round 2 until piece measures 6 inches. Finish Off.
1. Fold piece in half so beginning chain and top of last round meet up.
2. Starting at the folded edge join with a sc, sc 12 sts evenly across edge until corner is met.
3. Work 2 scs in same st as last sc made so piece rotates to long side.
4. Work sc in next 19 sts until corner is met.
5. Work 2 scs in same st as last sc made so piece rotates to 2nd short side.
6. This is where you will stuff the piece.
Stuffing The Wrist Rest
I will be using rice and regular stuffing for this. You can use either or both. I will tell you how I stuffed using both.
|Using a snack bag fill with ½ cup of rice. Use what ever amount you want. Situate rice in bag and fold over edges. Make sure the air is out of the bag as much as possible. I used packing tape to tape the sides down that I had to fold over.|
|I had batting so I cut a piece to measure the rice bag. If you dont use the stuffing you have and cover the rice bag with 1/8 inch of stuffing on top. You can do it on both sides if you choose.|
|Stuff the rice bag and stuffing into the wrist rest. Pick up the yarn where you left off & sc 12 sts across the 2nd short side until the corner. Finish Off. Weave in all ends. You now have a wrist rest!|