Hanger Cover

Want covered hangers to hanger you lingerie or whatnot on in your closet? Won’t buy any because they are just not worth the money? Want your own personal touch to your closet? Here is the perfect thing!

Download PDF from Ravelry.

What You Need:
Small Amount (at least 3 ounces) of worsted weight yarn
H (5.0mm) crochet hook
tapestry needle
regular plastic clothes hanger

Directions:
MAKE 2
round 1: ch4, 11 dc in 4th ch from hook. join w/ ss to top of ch4 (12dc)
round 2: ch3, 2dc in same stitch. ch1, skip 2 stitches. *3dc in next stitch, ch1, skip 2 stitches* around. join.
round 3: ch3, 2dc in same stitch. *ch1, 3dc in next ch1 space* around. join.
round 4: repeat round 3
round 5: slip stitch to next ch1 space. ch3, 2dc in same space.*ch1, 3dc in next ch1 space* around. join.
rounds 6-14: repeat rounds 3-5 three times.
round 15: ch1, sc in same as joining. sc in each stitch & ch1 space around. join. FINISH OFF w/ 1-2 yards of tail (for sewing later) on one, the other finish off & weave in ends.

ASSEMBLING HANGER COVER
Put both pieces on hanger. Take tail and thread tapestry needle. Going though both pieces, but on only ONE side whipstitch around on both sides & around head of hanger. Secure tail tightly & weave in through other stitches. Cut tail.

Print this pageEmail to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditShare on LinkedInGoogle+

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Comments: 12

1. acv2 September 8, 2009 at 4:23 am Reply

niiiiiiice!!!!!
    I wonder if I use sport wieght yarn, I can cover wire hangers…hmmm…
    8-)

2. crochetjessica September 8, 2009 at 4:25 pm Reply

Or use a smaller hook. :D

3. Mary November 2, 2009 at 6:21 am Reply

I think you could use any kind of yarn for this pattern and adjust by using the proper size hook. What a great way to use up left over skeins of yarn!

4. Jackie November 2, 2009 at 1:17 pm Reply

So cool!!! I have made some 8 of them, on wire hangers, with both worsted weight & sport weight. They look niiiice!
    8-D

5. dottie holmes November 3, 2009 at 12:37 am Reply

I really like this one
    offering

6. [...] Hanger Cover [...]

7. [...] Hanger Cover September 20097 comments [...]

8. Crafty Gardener May 9, 2011 at 4:30 am Reply

I really like your pattern for a covered coathanger. I’m going to give it a try. I have a pattern as well, not my original pattern, but one that was passed on to me. Yours will make a nice variation. Thanks for sharing.

9. patty merritt March 18, 2012 at 6:18 am Reply

PATTY MERRITT

i have made this hanger pattern many times. easy to make and i have made them with left over
    red heart worster. this message is for CRAFTY GARDENER she said that she had another
    pattern. is it as easy as this? i like making hanger covers, they are perfect for your own home
    and gifts. i hop to see more patterns for hangers.

10. Susan July 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm Reply

Will this work on plastic hangars?

11. crochetjessica July 23, 2012 at 9:57 pm Reply

Yep this does! Those are the kind I used when designing this pattern.